Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dance to your Daddy

Damien's charity gig on Saturday 6th (in front of Parliament house) went really well. I was impressed with the overall mix - you wouldn't believe what a difference a good sound guy can make. Also the band played well, had some polished new numbers and actually looked and moved in a manner that suggested that they were all part of the same group, having fun and feeling groovy. Audiences half listen with their eyes, so it makes a big difference to the overall impression. The only really bad bit was when they lost mains power towards the end of the last song. Awful but funny.
The girls and I missed the first 25 minutes, but we had a pretty interesting excuse: I wasn't feeling well on Saturday (tummy trouble) and after dropping Damien off at the barracks we girls drove to Lenah Valley creek. I was able to sit quietly recovering in the car while Hannah napped, and the big girls had a play outside around the little waterfalls and rockpools. They both fell in. We had to have a little (very wet) expedition into K mart at New Town to buy some dry clothes so we wouldn't miss out on Daddy's concert completely.
I didn't manage to get any really good shots of the band, but you can see the girls dancing here in their new clothes. Hannah does a cute little hands-on-hips bottom dance. Of course she insisted on getting a new skirt too (even though she didn't get to play in the creek and certainly wasn't soppy like her sisters).

1 comment:

chibbylick said...

you went to the creek without a spare set of clothes? You were feeling unwell!
Sorry we missed it :(
Libby