Sunday, December 5, 2010

After the dance concert

I had planned to walk them all to the car park, but it was very clear that Leila was too tired to walk, behavior was falling apart (it was after 10pm) and little Hannah made it VERY clear that she was NOT going to share the pram with Leila.  Damien was off helping Mum get to her car (which Stephen had) and so I just left the older kids and the basket of costumes in the theater and took off with Hannah in my arms to collect our car.  In the middle of all that the Hospital wanted me to do an echo in ICU, Damien didn't answer his phone (it was still on silent) and it all got a bit stressful, but then the call-in was canceled.  Phew!


 Bethany made it home awake, and got to enjoy her drive-through McDonald's chicken wrap.  She was very tired when I took this photo in our driveway as we reached our home.
This is what Leila looked like.  She was more than half asleep when we got to the drive-through.  Too awake for me to avoid buying her something, but too asleep to actually eat it.
Hannah had no hope.  Her eyes rolled the moment I put her little bottom in the car seat.  She was totally out by the time I drove the two blocks from the car-park back to the theater to collect the older girls and all the stuff.  We knew she was tired.  She really didn't cope all that well with being in the audience for the second half of the night.




No comments: