Monday, March 21, 2011

Camping at Port Arthur

Since one of my colleagues at work had surgery last year I have been on-call virtually continually. It was a big deal for me to organise a few days off-roster to take my family camping with their cousins. I am so glad that Liz persisted with her invitations. We had a fabulous time, and I really wish that I had taken more photos and written down more details at the time.

We stayed in a caravan park, and bunkered down in the same tent as Matthew, Liz and Sophie. I think that Matthew was almost sorry he'd invited us during the wee small hours of the morning when the girls were still awake and giggling. They were better behaved on the second night, but the neighbouring campers weren't.

We had fun at the beach, with our inflatable dolphins and Matthew's kayak. The campsite seemed to be well organised, and well supported by the local police too.

The kids enjoyed a disco, loved the showers, and especially enjoyed hanging out with their adored cousins. Hannah and I even got to watch a tiny marsupial foraging very close to the beach path.






No comments: