Monday, May 31, 2010

Sunday Eisteddfod (7 and under tap)

Doesn't Bethany's bottom look huge with her tutu on underneath her dressing gown!  She was dressed as a frog, and Leila was a bee.
We weren't running "early" this time, so there was less time for photos.  I'm sure to get a few from the other mums though, so I'll be editing this post to include them in a few weeks.

Our group included some very young girls, including a 4 year old.  Our choreography was fairly complex too, so things did get a little messy, but we parents were impressed even if the Judges weren't:  I was especially pleased to see how beautifully all our girls smiled - not stage grimaces, but actual natural happy smiles (actually the judges mentioned the smiles in their written report).

All the girls worked so hard on this item.  I could hardly believe how well Leila and Beth did the steps.  Tapping is hard!

Leila also impressed me before we left home when she kindly and carefully avoided a fight with her little sister: Hannah has fallen in love with the costumes, and started trying to pull Leila's costume off, because she wanted to wear it instead.  Leila didn't fight, she just took Hannah gently by the hand and led her to the dress-up box, found a bee costume, and helped Hannah put it on over her clothes.  Wow.  What a terrific little peace maker. 

I'm sure that the little dress up costume made Hannah feel truly included.  It sure caused some comments from the teachers and other mums: Hannah was even added to the backstage group photos!

Hopefully someone will give me a copy very soon.  They sure were cute.

We were able to make it to the last hour of Primary.  I let the girls stay in their makeup.  They thought that was brilliant.

2 comments:

ChickChat said...

Oh Miriam what a beautiful story. It's these moments when we catch our children in the act of greatness that makes all those other tricky moments bearable.
Nice to hear you comment about their natural smiles as well. It's always a good sign that they are truly happy to be in the thick of it when you see outward responses like that. xxxLiz

chibbylick said...

Hurray for the dress up box!